Add a twist to classic spinach dip by adding shrimp! Fresh spinach, mozzarella and muenster cheese, filled with spices and baked until golden and bubbly. Impress your guests with this unique Baked Spinach and Shrimp Dip appetizer at your next gathering!Jump to Recipe
Together with the appetizers listed below, wow your guests with deep and memorable flavor!
Sweet Chili Orange Chicken Wings
Tortellini Prosciutto Pasta Salad
Appetizers are a popular way to indulge in a variety of flavors at one time! While attending an event with food, you are sure to experience a vast array of dips. This baked spinach and shrimp dip will be the star of all dips and comes together with little prep. In other words, move over chips and salsa, guacamole and rotel dip. Indeed, this creamy spinach and shrimp dip is the star of the show!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS SPINACH AND SHRIMP DIP?
In detail, this dip contains household ingredients therefore making it an easy recipe. With a mix of fresh spinach, shrimp, onion, mozzarella and muenster cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, green onion, garlic and seasonings. The base ingredients but the shrimp, garlic and onion are mixed in a bowl and later combined with par cooked shrimp, onion and garlic.
- Fresh Spinach
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Muenster Cheese
HOW TO MAKE BAKED SPINACH AND SHRIMP DIP
With just a few steps and minimal prep, this dip comes together in less than thirty minutes! Begin with preheating the oven to 375 degrees and allowing the cream cheese to soften. At this instant, prep your veggies by chopping the spinach, small dicing the onion and green onion. Next, peel and devein the shrimp and roughly chop. To point out, leave one to two pieces whole for garnish (this is optional). Then, Combine all ingredients except the shrimp, garlic and onion into a medium sized bowl, stir until well combined. By all means adjust seasonings to fit your taste and set aside.
Once your small saute pan is heated to medium heat, saute the shrimp, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. It's equally important to note that the shrimp will not cook in its entirety at this step, and will continue to cook in the oven. Moreover, we are simply par cooking the shrimp, garlic and onion.
Shortly after, combine the creamed spinach mixture with the par cooked shrimp, garlic and onions and stir until combined. By the time this step occurs, the oven should be at temperature. Quickly transfer the creamed spinach and shrimp mixture to an oven safe bowl, top with additional cheese (and whole shrimp/optional) and bake for twenty minutes until cooked through.
Finally, after the dip has baked for twenty minutes and shrimp are cooked through, turn the oven to broil. At this instant, allow the dip to broil until golden and bubbly.
Now that the dip is cooked, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
TIPS FOR THE BEST SPINACH AND SHRIMP DIP
- Use fresh spinach instead of frozen. To sum up, the frozen spinach releases excess water and can cause the dip to become watery.
- Use raw shrimp. Consequently, using cooked shrimp will overcook the shrimp and make the texture too chewy.
- Can't find muenster cheese? You can certainly use extra mozzarella or monterey jack.
- The recipe calls for one cup of Muenster cheese. This will be split into half. If you don't want to top the dip with Muenster, then double the mozzarella!
- The onion, mayo and Old Bay are optional but surely encouraged!
- Taste the creamed spinach mixture before adding the par cooked shrimp.
- When broiling, be sure to watch this step as the dip will brown very quickly.
- Serve immediately for best results.
- This dip is rich, serve with hearty breads like italian loaf sliced, naan or crackers.
THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE THIS DIP IF SERVING IT AT AN EVENT OUTSIDE YOUR HOME!
It's important to realize if you are bringing this dip to a potluck or traveling outside of your home with this dish, use these steps for best results. In brief, prepare this recipe up until the baking step. Finish the last steps at the final destination. If that's not an option, certainly bake and broil at home and cover in a warm place until ready to serve. Definitely refrigerate the dip (without baking) if you have prepared it a day ahead. After all, allow the dip to "thaw" and reach room temperature, about a half hour.
Want to check this recipe out and others on social media? Connect with me on Instagram. 🙂
This dip is paired perfectly with bubbly, check out my favorite here!
Baked Spinach and Shrimp Dip
- Medium Sized Bowl
- Cheese Grater
- Oven ready baking dish
- 2.5 cups Chopped Spinach
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Green Onion
- ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Muenster Cheese split into ½ for topping
- ¼ tssp Pepper
- ½ lb Medium Sized Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup Onion small diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp, onion and garlic.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined, adjust seasonings for flavor and set aside.
- In a small pan, saute onion and garlic until translucent and soft.
- Add shrimp and cook for one minute until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Remove shrimp, onion and garlic mixture from heat. (the shrimp will not be cooked through but will fully cook in oven)
- Combine the shrimp mixture with the creamed spinach and mix until combined.
- Transfer spinach and shrimp dip to an oven safe dish and top with additional muenster cheese.
- Bake for twenty minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- After twenty minutes, turn oven to broil and brown until cheese becomes brown and bubbly-about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Leave a Reply