One thing about macaroni and cheese, it's the gift that keeps on giving! I've yet to meet anyone that doesn't love mac and cheese, do they exist? What I love most about macaroni and cheese is it's versatility. There's several ways to prepare it and the add-ons are endless. Personally, I love lobster mac and cheese and you can never go wrong with adding smokey gouda or bacon, should I keep going?Jump to Recipe
Any who, this crockpot mac and cheese has a little bit of all of that! And the most important part about this recipe is there's no baking or boiling and the prep is very minimal. Just throw everything in the pot, give it a stir and in less than one hour, you have creamy, cheesy tasty macaroni and cheese!
This recipe is the perfect side dish for a weeknight dinner or if you're in need of a dish to bring for a potluck or party. It's a real crowd pleasure and my almost two year old daughter loves it so this is great for kids too Moms!
Now let me clear, this does not replace your Grandma’s homemade recipe but if you’re looking for an easier alternative that’s still creamy and tasty? You’ve come to the right place! I think everything deserves it's place in life and we all need quick, fast but tasty every now and again. Sometimes we are pushed for time, right?
Here's how it comes together. Grab your crockpot!
Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray, coating the entire surface.
Add macaroni noodles, milk, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, butter and season all. Cook on high for 1 hour stirring frequently making sure the noodles do not stick to the bottom of the crockpot.
Mac and cheese should be cooked through in one hour. Turn crockpot off, and add cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well coated.
Immediately serve for best results!
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Nonstick Spray
- 1.5 cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ tsp Garlic Paste Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ teaspoon Season All
- 1 oz Cream Cheese
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- Spray crockpot with nonstick spray coating entire surface.
- Pour ingredients in crockpot beginning with elbow macaroni and ending with season all seasoning.
- Cook on high for 1 hour stirring frequently.
- After 30 minutes, check for creaminess and noodle consistency, add more milk if needed (¼ cup at a time).
- Mac and cheese should be cooked through after one hour, turn crockpot off and add cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well coated.
- Immediately serve to enjoy best results!
- Don’t omit using non-stick spray.
- Do NOT add cream cheese until after Mac and cheese is cooked through.
- Adjust measurements to feed your family size. This serving size fed a family of three with a little leftover.