Greek Yogurt Parfait is a deliciously creamy layered treat with whipped Greek yogurt, sweet berries, and crunchy granola, drizzled with honey. Satisfy your sweet tooth with healthy Greek yogurt parfait as breakfast, a midday snack, or dessert.
For more nutritious snack recipes, try The Best Whipped Yogurt Recipe, 10 Minute Easy Loaded Apple Nachos, and Yogurt Bark next.
Never skip breakfast again! Greek yogurt parfait is quick and easy to prepare so you can enjoy it at the breakfast table or on your way out the door. And with more protein and less sugar, Greek yogurt parfait is a healthier alternative to a regular yogurt parfait.
Using my whipped yogurt recipe as a base, you're in for a rich, creamy, nutritious treat!
REASONS WHY WE LOVE THIS GREEK YOGURT PARFAIT RECIPE
- A Healthy Snack. Packed with protein from the yogurt and carbs from the honey, it's a great way to naturally boost your energy. This recipe is also naturally sweetened with fruits.
- Better Homemade. Leave the sugary, preservative-filled yogurt parfaits to Starbucks, Panera Bread, and Chick Fil A. Homemade Greek yogurt parfait tastes fresher and is better for you.
- Perfect Grab-and-Go-Breakfast. Pack this up to go as a convenient, portable meal.
- Totally Customizable. Mix and add your favorite toppings in order to make this recipe your own!
What is a parfait?
Parfait is a French term for a frozen dessert made of sugar syrup, egg, and cream. In America, we use the word "parfait" a bit differently. It's a cool, layered dessert that can include anything from fruit to whipped cream.
Is Greek Yogurt Parfait healthy?
Greek yogurt parfait can be part of a healthy, balanced diet. Greek yogurt is packed with protein, which helps you feel full for longer. It also contains calcium and probiotics, which promotes weight loss and supports a healthy digestive system.
The fruit provides vitamins and nutrients while granola contains fiber and healthy fats. But be mindful of the calories and sugar, depending on your add-ins.
Made with simple, natural ingredients, you'll love the sweet, fresh taste of your Greek yogurt parfait.
- Whipped Greek Yogurt. Try my homemade Greek yogurt recipe, it's super easy to make at home. It contains Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, sun butter, and whipping cream. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, lasts up to one week in the fridge, and is a delicious base for this parfait recipe.
- Granola. Use your preferred brand and flavor.
- Fruit. Fruit balances out the tart taste of Greek yogurt. I use strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries but you can add your favorite fruit.
- Honey. This natural sweetener adds more nutritional value. Get your spoonful of honey a day when you indulge in this healthy snack.
- Pinch of Coarse Salt. Adding the pinch of salt is optional but contributes a sweet and salty flare!
How to Make Greek Yogurt Parfait
With simple prep, your parfait will be ready in just minutes!
Rinse the fruit and chop strawberries.
Layer Yogurt, Fruit & Granola
Then in a small jar or glass cup, pour about ¼ cup of yogurt into the bottom of the cup. Layer with fresh fruit and granola. Top the next layer with more Greek yogurt, about ¼ cup. Repeat the steps by adding more fruit and granola until the top of the glass or jar is almost full.
Finally, on the last layer (at the top of the glass), finish with assorted fruits, granola, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with a dash of coarse salt.
Tips and Tricks
- Rinse and dry all fruit before adding it to the parfait.
- Fresh fruit or frozen fruit will work in this recipe.
- When adding granola, make sure no pieces are clumped together so there is an even layer.
Wondering what mixes well with Greek yogurt? What I love most about Greek yogurt parfaits is that you can get creative and add your favorite toppings! Here are some tasty additions:
- Plain yogurt: It has fewer calories than Greek yogurt and more calcium.
- Vegan yogurt parfait: Use a nondairy yogurt (with coconut milk or almond milk as the base) and instead of honey, use maple syrup or agave.
- Fruits: If they can be chopped into bite-size pieces, they can go in a yogurt parfait. Consider adding kiwi, blackberries, pomegranate seeds, bananas, or peaches.
- Jam: Don't have fruit? Instead, use a thin layer of jam.
- Toppings: For more nutrients and texture, consider adding a top layer of hemp, chia seeds, chopped walnuts, or pistachios.
- Nut butter: Add about a tablespoon of almond butter or peanut butter.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover parfait in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you want to enjoy, simply take it out of the refrigerator and devour!
Can I make Greek Yogurt Parfaits in advance?
This recipe is perfect for meal prep and making ahead. Make it up to 3 days in advance. But store the granola separately so it doesn't get soggy in the yogurt.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS GREEK YOGURT PARFAIT RECIPE!
If you try this recipe, I'd love to see it! Share it with me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup Whipped Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Granola
- ½ cup Strawberries, Blueberries & Raspberries or favorite fruit
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Pinch of Coarse Salt
- Rinse the fruit and chop strawberries.
- In a small jar or glass cup, pour about ¼ cup of yogurt into the bottom of the cup.
- Layer with fresh fruit and granola.
- Top the next layer with more greek yogurt, about ¼ cup.
- Repeat the steps with adding more fruit and granola until the top of the glass or jar is almost full.
- On the last layer (at the top of the glass), finish with assorted fruits, granola, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with a dash of coarse salt.
Leave a Reply