Grilled peaches with mascarpone are caramelized peach halves stuffed with a creamy vanilla mascarpone filling. This dessert is elegant enough for a dinner party but easy enough for a casual snack.
If you love the taste of grilled peaches, try this Grilled Peach, Prosciutto and Burrata Crostini next!
Light, creamy and delicate, these fresh peaches with mascarpone are perfect for warm summer days when you're craving something cool, and sweet. But thanks to the grill pan, I can have it year-round! So snow, sleet, rain, or shine, I can enjoy my favorite grill recipes whenever I want, right from my stovetop!
This grilled peaches dessert is a delicious and healthy way to indulge without guilt. With only 8 ingredients, this no-fuss peach recipe can be ready in just 20 minutes. Impress your family and friends with this sophisticated treat!
What is mascarpone?
Mascarpone is an Italian cream cheese. It's smooth, milky, and slightly sweet. It is often compared to traditional cream cheese and ricotta cheese but it has a less tangy flavor.
Mascarpone is a versatile cheese used in savory and sweet dishes. It's often used as a topping for desserts hence its inclusion in this recipe for grilled peaches.
Why do you grill peaches?
You haven't tasted a juicy peach until you've tried this! Grilling peaches soften the fruit. As it carmelizes on the grill, the sweet taste of the peaches intensifies. The end result is sweeter peaches with a delightful smoky flavor.
- Peaches. The selected peaches should be ripe and soft but not too soft. You want them soft enough to be sliced and pitted. But if they're mushy, they won't be good for grilling.
- Honey. This ingredient carmelizes the peaches and sweetens the mascarpone mixture. Then it is drizzled over the dessert.
- Vanilla Extract. This adds flavor to the mascarpone filling so I wouldn't skip it!
- Mascarpone. If you don't have any on hand, you can use Greek yogurt instead.
- Mint. For a beautiful presentation, garnish with mint leaves or fresh thyme.
- Crushed Walnuts. For a nice crunch, add this.
- Cinnamon. This optional inclusion adds a touch of spice.
- Brown Sugar. For a warm touch of sweetness, include this.
Helpful Tips and Substitutions
Don't overmix the honey mascarpone mixture. To keep that smooth, creamy consistency, only whisk until the ingredients are combined. Keep it cold until you're ready to use it.
Only flip the peaches once to get those perfect grill marks. If you rotate the peaches too much, you won't get that beautiful char. However, if they seem to be burning, lower the heat.
Garnish your fresh grilled peaches with something crunchy. I used crushed walnuts but hazelnuts or pistachios would taste amazing too. Another yummy option would be granola.
Want a more savory flavor? Drizzle the grilled peaches with balsamic vinaigrette.
How to Make Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone
Start by cleaning, slicing, and deseeding the peaches. Then drizzle the inside of the sliced peaches with honey. Place each peach skin side up on a large grill pan on high heat for 3-5 minutes. After that, flip the peaches and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes.
While the peaches are grilling, prepare the mascarpone. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, honey, a pinch of cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
Then remove the grilled peaches from the grill pan and place them on a serving plate. Drizzle about one tablespoon of mascarpone cheese mixture on top of the grilled peach. Drizzle with additional honey if desired and crushed walnuts. Garnish with mint and finally, enjoy!
What should grilled peaches be served with?
Grilled peaches are delicious on their own but would complement lots of different side dishes and entrees. Here are a few tasty ideas:
- Salad. If you want a light but filling meal, have grilled peaches with a side of leafy greens like this Savory Kale Salad.
- Burgers. Add grilled peaches to a tropical, savory dish like this Hawaiian Loco Moco Recipe.
- Teriyaki. Make it a spicy-sweet combo when paired with my Spicy Chicken Teriyaki.
- Salsa. Add peaches to your favorite salsa for an unexpected hint of sweetness.
- Ice cream. Make grilled peaches with mascarpone the ultimate dessert by adding a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone
- 4 medium Peaches
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Mascarpone
- 1 oz Mint Leaves garnish
- ¼ cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1 pinch Cinnamon optional
- 1 pinch Brown Sugar optional
- Clean, sliced and deseed the peaches.
- Drizzle the inside of the sliced peaches with honey.
- In a large grill pan on high heat, place the peaches onto the pan, skin side should be facing up (this should take 3-5 minutes).
- Be sure to flip the peaches after 3-5 minutes.
- While the peaches are grilling, prepare the mascarpone.
- In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, honey, pinch of cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Remove the grilled peaches from the grill pan and place on serving plate.
- Drizzle about one tablespoon of mascarpone cheese mixture on top of the grilled peach.
- Drizzle with additional honey if desired and crushed walnuts.
- Garnish with mint and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you should try more peach recipes!