Grinch Punch, a kid and family friendly drink perfect for serving during the holidays! Made with simple ingredients, this Grinch Punch recipe is a sweet treat and equally fun to prepare.
If you like this recipe, you will love this kid friendly Halloween Punch that is just as festive!
Most of you have been served the famous sherbet punch at a family or friend's gathering. It's sweet, frothy and the texture can be quite pleasing. This grinch punch is similar and is not only a treat to make but to drink as well.
With that said, if you have busy toddlers or kids around, grab them and turn this into a fun, holiday inspired project! This recipe contains simple and approachable ingredients, couple that with decorating the cups and watch the excitement rise.
Let us start with the tools needed to prepare the grinch punch as seen in the photos. It's important to note, you do not have to prepare the cups this way, but it sure provides a fun and learning experience!
Now, I've linked below the all the tools you'll need to create this fun and tasty drink.
You are just a few simple ingredients away from making this fun and festive grinch punch recipe! There are plenty variations and I have to mention, I have a boozy version of grinch punch that is downright delicious.
For now, let's talk about what you will need to make this kid friendly or mocktail version.
- Lime Sherbet. This lime-flavored treat can be found in the frozen section of your local grocery store close to the ice cream and sorbet.
- Pineapple Juice. Fresh or canned works. This is one of the main ingredients and how my family has prepared this timeless punch.
- Hawaiian Green Berry Punch. While this drink is not something we drink regularly in my home, it was fun to explore the bright green hue this drink has. The flavor is not too shabby either.
- Lemon/lime soda or club soda. This component is what provides the slight fizz in the grinch punch. You can certainly omit this ingredient if you prefer.
- Whipped Cream. I was able to snag a sugar free version of this sweet treat and it was perfectly paired with the sugar level in this drink.
- Cherries. Maraschino cherries are our favorite but find what you have access to.
- Red Sugar Topping. This step is optional as well but really adds flare to the decorated cups. You can find something similar to what I used here.
HOW TO MAKE GRINCH PUNCH RECIPE
Do not forget, this recipe works best preparing with your friends or littles. Here is how easily it comes together but with tons of fun included.
HOW TO RIM THE CUP WITH RED SUGAR
This step is fun and keeps this drink in the holiday spirit adding a pop of red. You will need two flat surfaces. One to hold a liquid of your choice and the other to pour the red sugar on.
Begin by turning the cup upside down and dipping the rim in water. Quickly dip the rim of the cup into the plated red sugar. It is important to note, you may have to angle the cup up and down to make certain the rim is fully covered with sugar.
You can certainly use other binders to dress the cup such as honey, using a lemon or lime wedge to moisten the cup. Either way, the rim of the cup needs a binding agent, so the red sugar adheres to it.
Now that the cup is dressed, carefully scoop two to three scoops of the lime sherbet- about a ¼-1/2 cup. Then, pour the pineapple juice and give the mixture a quick stir. Then, top the punch with lemon/lime soda or club soda. This will create the fizz that you are used to seeing in this popular punch.
Lastly, you will dress the cup again with whipped cream and a cherry if you desire. And that's it, that is how easy this recipe is to create.
Taste to adjust taste to your liking and be sure to serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Double or triple the recipe and prepare in a large pitcher. Hosting a crowd? Serve larger quantities in a beautiful pitcher or bowl. Be sure to rim the glass with red sugar before serving!
- Serve this during the holidays or even for St. Patty's Day!
- Can't locate lime sherbet? Use any flavor that's available, the taste is still amazing. Simply add green food coloring if green color is desired.
- Make this punch when ready to serve. This punch will begin to melt and will taste good but no need to make this ahead of time.
OTHER HOLIDAY INSPIRED RECIPES!
You have to try these other holiday inspired recipes.
I hope you enjoy this Grinch Punch Recipe!
Grinch Punch Recipe
- Plastic Stemless Cups
- Grinch Face Decal Stickers
- Disposable Red Paper Straws
- ½ cup Lime Sherbet
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ cup Hawaiian Green Berry Punch
- ¼ cup Sprite or Lemon/Lime Flavored Soda
- ¼ cup Cherries
- ¼ cup Whipped Cream
- 2 tablespoon Red Sanding Sugar
How To Rim Glass
- Begin by turning the cup upside down and dipping the rim in water.
- Quickly dip the rim of the cup into the plated red sugar.
- You may have to angle the cup up and down to make certain the rim is fully covered with sugar.
How To Make Grinch Punch
- Now that the cup is dressed, carefully scoop two to three scoops of the lime sherbet.
- Pour the pineapple juice and give the mixture a quick stir.
- Top the punch with lemon/lime soda or club soda. This will create the fizz that you are used to seeing in this popular punch.
- Garnish the cup again with whipped cream and a cherry if you desire.
- Taste to adjust taste to your liking and be sure to serve immediately.