Cast a spell with this Halloween Voodoo Vodka Cocktail. Homemade blueberry syrup is shaken with passion fruit vodka and pineapple juice. Add dry ice for an extra spooky experience!
Looking for a kid friendly punch to make for Halloween? Try this Kids Halloween Punch next.
Adults can celebrate Halloween too! This halloween cocktail is perfect to serve at your party for the holiday, you can certainly make a large batch of this recipe, throw in dry ice and have fun with this spooky inspired cocktail.
As mentioned, this cocktail is perfect for the holiday. If you are looking for an easy, three ingredient recipe, keep on reading. The cocktail has the perfect blend of flavors, made with this homemade blueberry simple syrup, fresh pineapple juice and passion fruit vodka.
The cocktail has notes of blueberry (from the simple syrup), a bit of tart from the pineapple and the passionfruit flavored vodka rounds the recipe out just right. It is not too sweet but satisfies your palate for a flavorful cocktail.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS VOODOO VODKA COCKTAIL RECIPE
- Easy to prepare. As mentioned, this recipe requires just three ingredients. Blueberry simple syrup, passionfruit vodka and pineapple juice.
- Festive ingredient for extra spookiness. If you have the extra time, grab dry ice, this halloween cocktail is perfect with dry ice and gives an overall spooky feel.
- You can triple or make a large batch of this recipe! This recipe is crafted as a cocktail but with the three ingredients, you can absolutely make a large batch of this and serve as a spike punch.
You will need to grab three basic (and easy to find) ingredients. Run to the store or check in your pantry, I bet you have these on hand!
- Passionfruit Vodka. I used this brand of passionfruit vodka, this flavor is quite easy to find.
- Blueberry Simple Syrup. You can easily make my homemade version of this blueberry infused syrup, tap here.
- Pineapple Juice.
- Lemon Juice. This ingredient is used just to top the cocktail once complete. It's the secret ingredient.
- Dry Ice. It is very important to handle dry ice safely. You can purchase this at most local grocery stores. I found dry ice at my nearest Publix.
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN VOODOO VODKA COCKTAIL
This recipe will come together in as little as five minutes! If you are daring and will prepare the homemade blueberry mix, tack on another 15-20 minutes and I promise it'll be worth your time.
You won't use the entire amount so store it in the fridge and use it at a later time. It is always comforting to have homemade items in your fridge, you won't be disappointed with this blueberry syrup!
PREPARE BLUEBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
My goal is to always show you how easy it is to prepare most store-bought items at home. While I believe in inconvenience, when I have the time, I prefer homemade over store bough any day!
Here is what you will need to prepare a simple blueberry simple syrup for cocktails and more.
To learn how to prepare this delicious blueberry syrup tap here!
PREPARE THE COCKTAIL
In a cocktail shaker, fill with about a ½ cup to 1 cup of ice. Next, pour in the passionfruit vodka, blueberry simple syrup and pineapple juice.
Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds making certain the ingredients are well combined.
Finally, using a strainer, pour the halloween cocktail evenly into the two martini (or any cocktail) glasses. With a lemon wedge, squeeze about one teaspoon of lemon juice on top of the cocktail for finishing flavor.
If serving the cocktails with dry ice, carefully add two small pieces of dry ice to each glass for an extra spooky effect. Safely remove the dry ice when ready to consume or wait until dry ice evaporates to enjoy!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR BEST RESULTS
- This cocktail is best served immediately, prepare this when you are ready to serve. You can certainly prepare the blueberry simple syrup ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
- If you do not want to make the homemade blueberry simple syrup, purchase blueberry juice that's sold in most grocery stores.
- There are several great options to purchase passionfruit vodka. You can try Absolute, New Amsterdam or Smirnoff.
- Double, triple or quadruple this recipe and serve it right out of a pitcher. Your guests will love this cocktail either way!
- If you can't find dry-ice, try lighting dried rosemary for another form of a smokey effect.
- What is dry ice? Dry ice is solid form of carbon dioxide (or CO2). Carbon dioxide is solidified into hard, white blocks with an extremely low surface temperature. Typically used to cool food and materials or for smokey effects like this cocktail!
- Is dry ice dangerous? Yes, dry ice should be handled with freezer safe gloves and/or tongs, do not touch dry ice directly.
- Can I consume dry ice? You should never consume dry ice. Simply remove it from the cocktail before consumption or wait until the dry ice complete dissolves, this means the CO2 has evaporated.
- Are there alternatives for dry ice? Yes, Simply add a fresh rosemary stick and light it with a match, this is a great way to add smokey flare without handling dry ice.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS HALLOWEEN COCKTAIL RECIPE!
Halloween Voodoo Cocktail Recipe
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Cocktail Strainer
- 2 Martini Glasses
- ½ oz Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Passionfruit Vodka
- 3 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- First, prepare the blueberry simple syrup.
- Add about ½ cup to 1 cup of ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Pour blueberry simple syrup, passionfruit vodka and pineapple juice into cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds until ingredients are well combined.
- Carefully add dry ice to each martini glass. About 1 tablespoon size.
- Pour cocktail over dry ice and enjoy smokey affect until dry ice dissolves.
- Carefully consume once dry ice has dissolved and enjoy!