If you’ve ever wanted to try a twist on traditional meatloaf, this easy meatloaf recipe offers just that! This meatloaf is filled with herbs providing a rich and earthy flavor topped with a ketchup and chili sauce that add sweetness and some heat. Don't be alarmed, this can be made for an easy weeknight dinner or for a special occasion for your guests.Jump to Recipe
With ingredients you probably have at hand, I'll have you serving the best meatloaf (in my humble opinion) you've ever had! Sometimes meatloaf gets a bad rep but once you serve this easy meatloaf recipe, even your most apprehensive eaters will love this version. That's what I've experienced on my end and from my followers on Instagram.
Let's get started so you can enjoy this juicy, sweet-heat goodness today!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix meatloaf ingredients until thoroughly combined being careful not to over mix. Form the mixture into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
Mix sauce ingredients into a small bow and top loaf with half of the sauce.
Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes adding more sauce to the meatloaf half-way through baking time. Adjust cooking time based on your oven. Meat will be thoroughly cooked when internal temperature reaches 160 degrees and juices run clear.
Let meatloaf rest at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Herbed Meatloaf with Sweet-Heat Chili Sauce
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- ½ lb Ground Pork Sausage
- 1 cup Onion diced
- 1 cup Green Pepper diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sage
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 Egg
Sweet-Heat Chili Sauce
- ⅓ cup Ketchup
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ cup Chili Sauce
- dash Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix meatloaf ingredients until thoroughly combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Form mixture into a loaf and place in baking dish.
- Mix sauce ingredients into a small bowl and top loaf with half of the sauce.
- Bake uncovered 35-45 minutes adding more sauce to the meatloaf half-way through baking time.
- Adjust cooking time based on your oven. Meatloaf will be thoroughly cooked through when internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Let meatloaf rest at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Tried this and LOVED IT!! BOTH toddlers dove in, thank GOD!!
Thanks so much for the feedback Kellee!!! I'm super impressed your kiddos liked the touch of spice. They are truly kids after my own heart! 🙂