Learn How To Make Quick Thai Creamy Coconut Shrimp that's ready in under 30 minutes! With hints of garlic, ginger and lime, this one pot meal does not disappoint. Paired with plump shrimp, the creamy coconut sauce is slightly spicy and aromatic and is the perfect weeknight meal!
If you like recipes like this, you'll love Stovetop Savannah Red Rice with Andouille Sausage, Easy One Pot Skillet Lasagna or Mexican Pizza with Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken!
Thai Food is one of my favorite cuisines! There is so much rich flavor packed in traditional dishes that recreating that authentic taste at home can be tricky. With that said, this does not replace traditional Thai cuisine but by far is the best at-home version!
Furthermore, with household pantry items, you'll have a tasty meal to prepare for your family that they'll love!
WHAT DOES THAI FOOD TASTE LIKE?
To explain, there are many dishes that make up Thai cuisine. I encourage you to venture out and try a Thai restaurant in your local area! Some of the base flavors will consist of spicy, tart and sweet notes. Some of the most used ingredients in Thai food are basil, lime, coconut milk, cilantro, lemongrass, ginger and garlic.
As for ingredients, noodles, rice, veggies and bean sprouts are prepared with dishes and one of my favorite dishes is Thai Coconut Soup, yum! To read more about Thai cuisine, click here!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS RECIPE
Luckily, this recipe does not break the bank and I'm certain you most if not all ingredients on hand! Here is what you will need.
- Coconut Oil
- Medium Sized Shrimp (Peeled)
- Red Onion
- Red Pepper
- Garlic Paste
- Ginger Paste
- Coconut Cream
- Lime Wedges (Juice and Zest)
- Garlic Chili Paste
- Veggie or Shrimp Stock
- Salt and Pepper
WHAT PAIRS WITH THIS QUICK THAI COCONUT SHRIMP ONE POT DISH?
It's important to note, you'll want to identify what you'll pair this decadent dish with! To explain further, you can pair this dish with:
- Jasmine Rice
- Pad Thai Noodles
- Tom Yum Noodle Soup Cup
- Cauliflower Rice
- Sauteed Veggies
RECIPE VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE QUICK THAI CREAMY COCONUT SHRIMP
HOW TO PREPARE CREAMY COCONUT SHRIMP
In a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil. Then, add shrimp and saute for three minutes adding salt and pepper to taste. Next, when shrimp are almost done, remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl. In the same pan, add red onion and red pepper and saute for three minutes.
At the same time, add the garlic and ginger paste and continue sauteing. Next, pour in coconut cream and bring to a slight boil. At the same time, add lime zest, lime juice and season with paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
If additional spice is desired, add garlic chili paste. I highly encourage you to not omit this step!
Pour in stock to thin sauce, stir and let reduce until sauce is smooth for about three additional minutes. Next, add cooked shrimp back to the sauce and cook for an additional two minutes. Lastly, add half of the chopped basil and cilantro and stir. Serve with desired pairing ingredient and enjoy!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAXIMUM RESULTS!
It's important to note, this dish is best served immediately after it's ready. Here are a few more tips:
- If you prefer a thick sauce, omit the stock and turn heat off after shrimp is cooked through.
- Do not overcook the veggies, the more crunch, the better texture.
- If you can't find coconut cream, coconut milk works too. For a thicker sauce, add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch until desired thickness is reached.
- Prep all ingredients prior to cooking recipe for best results.
LET'S CONNECT SOCIALLY!
Be sure to follow me on all social platforms, I love connecting and sharing ideas. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Tik Tok!
Thai Creamy Coconut Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 lb Medium Sized Shrimp Peeled
- ⅓ cup Red Onion Roughly Chopped
- ½ cup Red Pepper Roughly Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- ¼ cup Cilantro Roughly Chopped
- ¼ cup Basil Roughly Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 3 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Chili Paste
- ¼ cup Veggie or Shrimp Stock
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Creamy Coconut Shrimp
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil.
- Add shrimp and saute for three minutes adding salt and pepper to taste. When shrimp are almost done, remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add red onion and red pepper and saute for three minutes.
- At the same time, add the garlic and ginger paste and continue sauteing.
- Next, pour in coconut cream and bring to a slight boil.
- At the same time, add lime zest, lime juice and season with paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- If additional spice is desired, add garlic and chili paste.
- Pour in stock to thin sauce, stir and let reduce until sauce is smooth for about three additional minutes.
- Add cooked shrimp back to the sauce and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Add half of the chopped basil and cilantro and stir.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply