A must try- the Tik Tok Spaghetti Recipe is a hybrid of two popular American style pasta recipes; Fettuccini Alfredo and Spaghetti Marinara. Looking to feed a hungry family? This one pot recipe is perfect for weeknights and can be prepared in under one hour!
If you like one pot recipes, you have to try this One Pot Sausage Lasagna, One Pot Taco Spaghetti.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS TIK TOK SPAGHETTI
- Rich and flavorful. This sauce-y dish is baked with two popular sauces. If you enjoy traditional pink sauces, you will love this recipe!
- Easy to prepare. As mentioned, this recipe is easy to make, comes together in one pot and is fun to prepare as well!
- Interchangeable ingredients. Get creative and throw your own spin on it. Use different shaped pasta, your favorite cooking meat; sausage, beef or turkey, create your own Alfredo sauce using your favorite ingredients. Prepare this meatless, the possibilities are endless!
- Downright fun. Honestly, if you're here it means you're a foodie and love to cook (and eat). With that said, this recipe is fun to prepare, especially after viewing so m any versions on social media, have fun preparing this recipe!
This one pot dish is rich, savory, full of flavor and texture. Similar to the popular million dollar spaghetti recipe with a slight twist, you have to try this recipe at least once. Besides, don't have to take my word for it but you will certainly prepare this recipe again and again!
WHAT IS THE TIT TOK VIRAL SPAGHETTI?
As mentioned the viral Tik Tok spaghetti is quite simple and very similar to million dollar spaghetti. The base of the recipe is pasta mixed in a cream and cheese sauce. If you want to stay true to the current trend, viewers are creating an American style Alfredo sauce.
After the base is created, a delicious marinara meat sauce is layered on top, topped with gooey cheese and baked until golden and bubbly! If you enjoy casseroles or baked pasta, you will enjoy this recipe.
Looking to try another Tik Tok viral recipe? You should also check out this Italian Grinder Sandwich or the Grinder Salad, a version I created without the buns!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED?
The ingredients needed to prepare the viral spaghetti are simple. You will note that the cream sauce has a slight variation than what's been floating around social media.
I wanted to create a thicker sauce, almost similar to stove top macaroni and cheese sauce. It was delicious on its own, the marinara addition added icing on the cake.
Here's what you will need:
- Pasta. As mentioned, use your favorite pasta shape. If you want to stay close to the trend then use spaghetti but get creative. Here's a link to the pasta I used called Nodi Marini, imported from Italy!
- Asiago Cheese. Get the good stuff, shred your own but if you are pushed for time, pre shredded will work!
- Mascarpone. This is the base for the cheese sauce, you can find this in the deli portion of most local grocers.
- Mozzarella Cheese. Fresh is best. I bought a quality block and shredded myself but again, if you're pushed for time, by pre-shredded.
- Salt and white pepper. This will be used to taste and I like adding white pepper in cream sauces to avoid the black specs. It's certainly optional and you should use what you have on hand.
- Italian seasoning. I love this dried herb blend for easy cooking. This will be added to the meat sauce.
- Reserved pasta water. Always reserve pasta water, it's a great tool in building sauces. This will be one of the base ingredients for the cheese sauce!
- Sweet Italian Sausage. This provided the larger flavor profile in the dish. Ground beef is not my first choice, the Italian sausage takes this recipe to the next level. Of course, use what you have on hand.
- Canned Whole Tomatoes. Use your favorite canned tomatoes or marinara sauce. Here we are quickly preparing the sauce from scratch, you'll need quality tomatoes if you're following this recipe!
- Garlic. Fresh is best, this will help to flavor the meat mixture.
- Onion. We will add this to the meat mixture, just three ingredients.
- Green Pepper. Roughly chopped with the onion to flavor the sweet Italian sausage.
- Basil. Fresh is best. This will be the herb to bring the sauce together. Don't omit!
- Curley or Flat Leaf Parsley. This is optional but will be used for garnish. I prefer curly when garnishing but use what you have on hand.
HOW TO MAKE TIK TOK SPAGHETTI
First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large pot of boiling water and ensure to salt the water.
Prepare the Marinara Meat Sauce
Now, prepare the marinara meat sauce while the cheese sauce is being prepared. In a medium sized skillet, brown the sweet Italian sausage, onion, green pepper, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Cook until the meat mixture is cooked through. In the same pot or a sauce pot add the cooked meat mixture and add the whole tomatoes. With this intention, crush the tomatoes by using kitchen shears or a meat masher.
Then, season with salt and pepper, add Italian seasoning and fresh basil. Simmer on low until final steps in recipe.
Prepare the Alfredo Cheese Sauce
While the marinara meat sauce simmers, begin by boiling the pasta until al dente, being careful not to overcook. After the pasta is cooked through, reserve at least one cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
In the same hot pot that the pasta cooked in, add the mascarpone cheese, asiago and mozzarella cheese. Then, pour in the pasta water and begin to whisk until the ingredients melt and are thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and white pepper.
Finally, add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer the cooked pasta mixture into an oven safe dish.
Assemble Viral Spaghetti
Now that the Alfredo pasta mixture is in the bottom of the baking dish, carefully pour the marinara meat sauce on top of the pasta. Top with additional shredded mozzarella and asiago and bake until cooked through. This will take at least 15-20 minutes.
Finally, top with freshly chopped parsley and allow spaghetti to cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Do not overcook the pasta. It is most helpful to undercook the pasta at least two minutes based on listed instructions.
- Prepare the quick homemade marina sauce. This takes the dish to the next level versus the stored stuff.
- Use quality cheese! This will set your recipe a part as well. If you have the extra coins and time, grab it!
- Be careful to use the correct ratio of sauce to pasta. If you like creamy pasta, use less pasta and more sauce. If you like a dryer cream sauce or more stiff pasta, use less sauce and more pasta.
- Allow this dish to cool and settle at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Prepared Marinara Sauce. Use store bought or your favorite marinara sauce!
- Use different meat. Try ground beef, turkey, chicken or smoked sausage links.
- Assorted Cheese. Try different variation of cheeses. White cheddar, smoked gouda , or parmesan.
- Additional Toppings. Top with pepperoni or crumbled sausage for an even heartier meal.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Simply store any leftovers in an airtight container made for storing in the refrigerator. In addition, this dish will be fresh up to 3-4 days but doubting it'll last that long in your fridge.
HOW TO PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME
You can certainly prepare this recipe ahead. Although, it is best to prepare the Alfredo portion separate from the marinara meat sauce. Do not assemble the entire recipe until you are ready bake!
Tik Tok Viral Spaghetti Recipe
Marinara Meat Sauce
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ Onion about ½ cup
- ½ Green Pepper about ½ cup
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning dried
- 12 oz Canned Tomatoes (in water)
Alfredo Cheese Sauce
- 4 oz Mascarpone
- 1 cup Asiago Cheese plus extra for topping
- 1 cup Mozzarella plus extra for topping
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- ¼ cup Reserved Pasta Water plus more if needed (up to ½ cup)
- 1 lb Pasta
- 2 tablespoon Curley Parsley
Marinara Meat Sauce
- In a medium sized skillet, brown the sweet Italian sausage, onion, green pepper, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the meat mixture is browned and no pink is showing and the vegetables are soft and translucent.
- In the same pot or a sauce pot add the cooked meat mixture and add the whole tomatoes.
- Crush the tomatoes by using kitchen shears or a meat masher.
- Then, season with salt and pepper, add Italian seasoning and fresh basil. Simmer on low until final steps in recipe.
Alfredo Cheese Sauce
- While the marinara meat sauce simmers, begin by boiling the pasta until al dente, being careful not to overcook.
- After the pasta is cooked through, reserve at least one cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
- In the same hot pot that the pasta cooked in, add the mascarpone cheese, asiago and mozzarella cheese.
- Pour in the pasta water and begin to whisk until the ingredients melt and are thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer the cooked pasta mixture into an oven safe dish.
Assemble Viral Tic Tok Spaghetti
- Now that the Alfredo pasta mixture is in the bottom of the baking dish, carefully pour the marinara meat sauce on top of the pasta.
- Top with additional shredded mozzarella and asiago and bake until cooked through and cheese on top is melted. This will take at least 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, top with freshly chopped parsley and allow spaghetti to cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply