Irish Breakfast Shot with Maple Candied Bacon is perfect for brunch. Filled with Irish Whiskey, vanilla flavored liqueur, finish with orange juice and a slice of candied bacon. Prepare your tastebuds for an enjoyable shot that tastes just like pancakes and syrup!
If you are ready to try this shot, you must prepare the maple candied bacon first. You will never prepare bacon the same way again!
WHAT IS A BREAKFAST SHOT?
A breakfast shot can be considered an enjoyable way to consume libations in the morning time, brunch or lunch time. To explain, this drink can certainly be consumed at any part of the day but is suggested to be consumed during breakfast or brunch time!
If you enjoy mimosas or sangria, you will love this drink combination.
IRISH BREAKFAST SHOT INGREDIENTS
This delicious breakfast shot is made with simple ingredients. You surely will have access to these ingredients. There is one substitute that I had to make but the flavor was very close to the original recipe.
Here is what you will need!
- Jameson Whiskey. It is no surprise Irish Whiskey is a star in this recipe. There are several brands so choose what you prefer.
- Butterscotch Schnapps. This provides the pancake/breakfast flavor that pairs well with the candied maple bacon.
- Orange Juice. Freshly squeezed takes this drink combo to the next level but store bought will work fine.
- Maple Candied Bacon. This drink is enjoyable with all components. Coupled with maple candied bacon makes this shot combo one of my favorites. You can find the recipe here.
MAPLE CANDIED BACON
While the candied bacon is certainly optional, it really brings the recipe together. This shot tastes like pancakes, bacon and orange juice. You will absolutely want to prepare the bacon recipe first.
With only three ingredients, you will never prepare bacon the same again!
- Applewood Smoked Bacon.
- Maple Syrup.
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
To get the full recipe with instructions to prepare maple candied bacon, tap here.
COCKTAIL TOOLS NEEDED
In short, this recipe is easy to make and requires not only a few ingredients but just a few tools to create. Here is what you will need.
- 1 oz measuring cup or cocktail measuring cup. I used a cocktail measuring cup from my shaker set that can be found here.
- Shot glasses. Use your favorite shot glasses to prepare this recipe. They will need to be at least 1oz in size, you'll need two each.
- Short cocktail glass or short glass. This will hold the orange juice that's consumed after drinking the shot.
- Baking tray with liner. If you are preparing the maple candied bacon, you will need a baking sheet to prepare the bacon. Trust me, this recipe is simple too and is worth the extra five minutes prep.
BREAKFAST SHOT RECIPE
It's important to realize, preparing the maple candied bacon first will yield in best results. Click here to read the full recipe and comeback to prepare the shot. After the bacon is prepare, now it's time to prepare the shots.
First, pour the fresh (or store bought) orange juice into the two shot glasses. Next, simply pour the whiskey into each shot glass. Then, pour the butterscotch schnapps into the shot glass filled with whiskey.
Finally, top the glass filled with orange juice with half a slice each of the maple candied bacon. Now it's time to consume and enjoy!
HOW TO DRINK IRISH BREAKFAST SHOT
For one thing, this shot is so much fun to drink. It's important to make certain you consume this drink appropriately so make sure to follow the steps below!
- Take the shot filled with whiskey and butterscotch liqueur.
- Then, drink the orange juice to help chase the shot.
- Lastly, eat the candied bacon and enjoy!
As mentioned, there was a substitution in this recipe, I could not locate butterscotch schnapps when I originally tested the drink. With that said, here are a few options if you can't locate certain ingredients.
- Licor 43 is a great substitution if you can't locate the butterscotch liqueur. Any liqueur with toffee, caramel or butterscotch flavors will absolutely work.
- Whiskey or bourbon will work best with this recipe. As mentioned, Jameson is my favorite but use what you have on hand.
- Turkey bacon or any salty, smoked meat will work. If you don't consume pork, simply replace with any of the listed meats. You can omit the bacon altogether, but I would suggest not to.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR BEST RESULTS!
- Prepare the candied bacon ahead of time. This will help to prepare the recipe in a short time.
- Refrigerate the shot ingredients. Since this recipe is only poured, make sure that the ingredients are cold before preparation.
- Baked the candied bacon ahead of time. As previously stated, this will help to prepare the recipe quickly.
Irish Breakfast Shot with Maple Candied Bacon
- 1 oz Measuring Cup
- 4 Shot Glasses
- 1 Baking Tray Liner optional
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- 2-3 oz Orange Juice
- 1 slice Maple Candied Bacon split in half
- It's important to realize, preparing the maple candied bacon first will yield in best results.
- First, pour the fresh (or store bought) orange juice into two shot glasses.
- Next, pour the whiskey into each shot glass.
- Pour the butterscotch schnapps into the shot glass filled with whiskey.
- Top the glass filled with orange juice with half a slice each of the maple candied bacon.
- Now consume, enjoy and drink responsibly!