Looking for a healthy snack that even toddlers will love? This Quick Peanut Butter and Raisin Apple Nachos are the perfect guilt free treat! Piled high slices of apples, peanut butter and graham cracker, have fun creating and enjoying this nacho style fruit snack!
Interested in other fun and healthy snacks like this? Try 10 Minute Easy Loaded Apple Nachos, Simple 5 Minute Peanut Butter and Jelly Apple Nachos or Frozen Berry Parfait Pops!Jump to Recipe
WHAT ARE APPLE NACHOS?
Apple nachos are a fun way to consume an apple by adding your favorite toppings. In particular, toppings that pair well with apples such as peanut butter, raisins and graham cracker! This fun and trendy way of consuming apples as nachos started on Tik Tok and can be enjoyed by all!
Moreover, this fun and healthy recipe comes together in under 10 minutes and can be served for breakfast, lunch or snack! There’s no rhyme or reason to this recipe similarly, have fun and pile on the toppings!
WHAT TYPES OF APPLES WORK BEST?
In order to achieve best results, start with apples that are in season based on the season and your region. To put it another way, granny smith, pink lady or honeycrisp apples are my biggest suggestion.
In detail, when serving these to my toddler, I peel the apples first and slice very thin slices for easy consumption. Then again, if you’re serving this recipe to kids or adults, leave the peel on as it provides high amounts of vitamins K, vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THESE APPLE NACHOS?
With attention to the previous statement, there are no “right” or “wrong” ingredients or toppings in this recipe. To create the loaded apple nachos seen in this blog post, you’ll need:
- Apples– Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Honey Crisp (any of your favorite or in season apple).
- Peanut Butter– Warmed for 15-30 seconds in the microwave until runny and smooth.
- Raisins– Pairs well with apples and a healthy addition.
- Graham Cracker- Favorite cinnamon and honey flavored crackers crushed.
- Yogurt– Vanilla flavored yogurt works best and gives the illusion of sour cream. In this recipe, vanilla greek yogurt was used.
- Lemon– Spread a little lemon juice over the apples after being sliced. This slows down the browning process and keeps the apples looking fresh!
HOW TO MAKE LOADED APPLE NACHOS
With just five minutes of prep and five minutes of “cook” time, these tasty nachos are ready to consume in a short time! It’s important to note, these nachos are best served fresh and eaten like savory nachos.
First, thinly slice one apple into flat wedges. For best results, slice apple in half, lay the halved apple on a flat surface and thinly slice. Then, on a small serving plate, lay apple slices flat around the plate in a circular motion as seen in the image below.
At this instant, your peanut butter should be at the consistency of runny and smooth. Then, using a spoon spread peanut butter over apples in a circular motion until the apple slices are covered with your desired amount of peanut butter.
In the meantime, grab your favorite toppings and get ready to dress your apples and make your nachos pretty! First, top with raisins. Then, add crushed graham cracker and spread evenly over sliced apples and peanut butter.
Last, using a spoon add a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt to the center of the plate resembling the look of sour cream on regular nachos.
Now you are ready to enjoy your festive and tasty apple nachos!
THE BEST WAY TO STORE THIS RECIPE
While I’m certain you’ll devour this tasty and healthy snack, if you find yourself with leftovers here’s how to best store them.
Carefully remove any unused yogurt from the center of the plate and store in an airtight container. Then, place the dressed nachos in an airtight container or cover the plate with saran wrap. This should last in your refrigerator for one to two days but is always best served fresh.
Quick Peanut Butter and Raisin Apple Nachos
- 1 Medium Apple
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- Thinly slice one apple into flat wedges.
- For best results, slice apple in half, lay the halved apple on a flat surface and thinly slice.
- On a small serving plate, lay apple slices flat around the plate in a circular motion as seen in the recipe video.
- Warm peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl for 15-30 seconds until runny and smooth.Then, using a spoon spread peanut butter over apples in a circular motion until the apple slices are covered with your desired amount of peanut butter.
- Top with raisins.
- Then, add crushed graham cracker.
- Using a spoon add a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt to the center of the plate resembling the look of sour cream on regular nachos.
- Serve and enjoy!