Looking for a fun and mostly healthy snack? This Simple 5 Minute Peanut Butter and Jelly Apple Nachos are the perfect treat! Filled with sliced apples, peanut butter, fresh blueberry-raspberry jelly and crunchy graham crackers, have fun enjoying and creating this nacho style fruit snack!Jump to Recipe
WHAT ARE APPLE NACHOS?
Apple nachos are a fun way to consume an apple by adding your favorite toppings. In particular, this rendition includes toppings that resemble flavors of a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich! This fun and trendy way of consuming apples nacho style started on Tik Tok and can be enjoyed by all!
Moreover, this fun and mostly healthy recipe comes together in under 10 minutes and can be served for breakfast, lunch or snack! There’s no rhyme or reason to this recipe similarly, have fun and pile on the toppings!
WHAT TYPES OF APPLES WORK BEST
In order to achieve best results, start with apples that are in season based on the current season and your region. To put it another way, granny smith, pink lady or honeycrisp apples are my biggest suggestion.
In detail, when serving these to my toddler, I peel the apples first and slice very thin slices for easy consumption. Then again, if you’re serving this recipe to kids or adults, leave the peel on as it provides high amounts of vitamins K, vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium.
With attention to the previous statement, there are no “right” or “wrong” ingredients or toppings in this recipe. To create the loaded apple nachos seen in this blog post, you’ll need:
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THE SIMPLE 5 MINUTE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY APPLE NACHOS
- Apples– Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Honey Crisp (any of your favorite or in season apple).
- Peanut Butter– Warmed for 15-30 seconds in the microwave until runny and smooth.
- Jelly- Your favorite flavored jelly. I used a fresh blue-raspberry jelly!
- Yogurt– Vanilla flavored yogurt works best and gives the illusion of sour cream. In this recipe, vanilla greek yogurt was used.
- Lemon– Spread a little lemon juice over the apples after being sliced. This slows down the browning process and keeps the apples looking fresh!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY APPLE NACHOS
With just five minutes of prep and five minutes of "cook" time, these tasty loaded nachos are ready to consume in a short time! It's important to note, these nachos are best served fresh and eaten like savory nachos.
First, thinly slice one apple into flat wedges. For best results, slice apple in half, lay the halved apple on a flat surface and thinly slice. Then, on a small serving plate, lay apple slices flat around the plate in a circular motion as seen in the image below.
At this instant, your peanut butter should be at the consistency of runny and smooth. Then, using a spoon spread peanut butter over apples in a circular motion until the apple slices are covered with your desired amount of peanut butter.
In the meantime, grab your additional toppings such as; jelly, yogurt and graham crackers and get ready to dress your apples! First, spread one layer of fresh jelly around the apples in a circular pattern. Then take the crushed graham cracker and spread evenly around the plate of nachos.
Last, using a spoon add a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt to the center of the plate resembling the look of sour cream on regular nachos.
Now you are ready to enjoy your festive and tasty apple nachos!
THE BEST WAY TO STORE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY APPLE NACHOS
While I'm certain you'll devour this tasty and healthy snack, if you find yourself with leftovers here's how to best store them.
Carefully remove any unused yogurt from the center of the plate and store in an airtight container. Then, place the dressed nachos in an airtight container or cover the plate with saran wrap. This should last in your refrigerator for one to two days but is always best served fresh.
Simple 5 Minute Peanut Butter and Jelly Apple Nachos
- 1 medium Apple
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Jelly
- ¼ cup Crushed Graham Cracker
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- Thinly slice one apple into flat wedges. For best results, slice apple in half, lay the halved apple on a flat surface and thinly slice.
- On a small serving plate, lay apple slices flat around the plate in a circular motion as seen in the recipe video.
- Warm peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl for 15-30 seconds until runny and smooth.
- Then, using a spoon spread peanut butter over apples in a circular motion until the apple slices are covered with your desired amount of peanut butter.
- Spread jelly over apples in a pattern of a circle over apples until desired amount is reached.
- Top with crushed graham cracker, breaking down any large clumps.
- Using a spoon add a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt to the center of the plate resembling the look of sour cream on regular nachos.
- Serve and enjoy!