We all need staple recipes in our repertoire and this versatile slow cooker Mexican chicken fits that bill! The possibilities with this shredded chicken are endless and there's only 3 ingredients involved. You read that right, THREE ingredients and dinner is half way done!
This shredded chicken can be served several ways; tacos, burrito bowls, nachos, salads and more! The toppings are endless depending on what you have. I bet you’ve got some produce you need to put to use, right?
I make a batch of this every week. Being at home while quarantined, means we are eating all meals at home and having ready made food on hand is a life and time saver. We switch between lunch and dinner with this shredded chicken and it never disappoints.
Here's how it comes together!
Place chicken breasts in your crockpot and top with seasoning and salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours until thoroughly cooked through.
Shred chicken with two forks and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- 1.5 lbs Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1-2 cups Salsa
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot and top with seasoning and salsa.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours until thoroughly cooked through.
- Shred chicken with two forks and enjoy!