Prepare your tastebuds for this delicious Strawberry Guava Frozen Mojito. This frozen treat has just four ingredients; rum, strawberries, guava juice, blended until smooth and garnished with fresh mint!
The weather may be warm, this frozen mojito is the perfect treat to relax and cool down with. With that said, put a spin on the classic mojito and prepare this Strawberry Guava Frozen Mojito! This cocktail is fruity, minty and refreshing, as mentioned with just four simple ingredients, you will be indulging in no time.
WHAT IS A MOJITO?
Had or heard of a mojito? This classic cocktail originated in Cuba. Traditional ingredients in a classic mojito are rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water and mint.
What does a mojito taste like? The flavors of a classic mojito consists of citrus notes with a slightly sweet flare and herbaceous notes from the mint. A very popular drink enjoyed during the warmer months!
WHAT'S IN A FROZEN MOJITO?
As mentioned, this recipe is super easy to prepare. The recipe requires household ingredients that you probably have on hand. No preparation needed so use this recipe if you are in a pinch or wanting to indulge right away.
- Strawberry Guava Mojito Mix- This mixer is non-alcoholic and one of the main ingredients to turn this classic mojito into this fruity version.
- Frozen Strawberries- Grab a bag of frozen strawberries from the freezer section at your local grocer or like me, use leftover strawberries and pop them in the freezer for a bit!
- White Rum- A white or golden rum works best. I used and it worked perfectly with this recipe. Use what you have on hand.
- Ice- Adding ice to this recipe produces the perfect texture that you will expect when indulging in a frozen cocktail.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY GUAVA FROZEN MOJITO
Again, this recipe is so easy to prepare. Grab your blender, four ingredients and indulge! It is important to note, this recipe calls for a specific mixer from Simply, their new brand of cocktail mixers that are simple and only require your favorite spirit to enjoy.
First, add frozen strawberries to a blender. Next, pour in rum and top with ice. Blend until smooth and that is it! In case you would like to adjust the ingredients for your desired texture, add more juice for a thinner consistency or add more ice for more texture.
It is important to realize, while the frozen mojito is blending, it is a good time to "slap" your herbs (mint). This recipe is filled with freshly slapped mint throughout the cocktail and not blended.
SLAP YOUR HERBS! (HOW TO SMACK FRESH MINT)
What is smacking herbs? You basically take the fresh herbs and place in the palm of your hands and "clap" or "smack" them with your hands in a clapping motion. This helps to rupture or release the cells in the herbs, releasing their essential oils and aromas.
Dress the Cocktail
Now that the steps are complete, pour the frozen mojito into your favorite cocktail glass and garnish with the fresh, prepared mint!
Strawberry Guava Frozen Mojito
- 1 Blender
- 1 lb Frozen Strawberries
- 2 cups Strawberry Guava Mojito Mix
- 1 cup Rum white
- 2-3 sprigs Mint Leaves
- In a blender, add frozen strawberries, frozen strawberry guava mojito mix and rum.
- Blend until smooth.
- Evenly distribute the contents into two serving glasses and garnish with fresh mint.