This light whipped treat made with Greek yogurt can be used for breakfast, snack and dessert. The Best Whipped Yogurt Recipe is kid and adult friendly. Perfect for dipping with fresh fruit or a hearty yogurt bowl, this five-ingredient recipe will be in your weekly rotation!
WHIPPED GREEK YOGURT
Food can often be trendy, and I am not sure when/if whipped yogurt was ever a "thing" but trust, this will need to be in your weekly lineup moving forward. With this in mind, grab your notepad and allow me to introduce you to a healthy snack or dessert recipe alternative to replace that overly sugary store-bought stuff.
Whipped yogurt is perfect for snacking, dipping or building a hearty yogurt bowl. To explain, the base ingredient in this recipe is Greek yogurt, a healthy alternative that improves things such as gut health, boosts metabolism and lowers blood pressure. To learn more, read about that here.
With just a few additional ingredients such as vanilla extract, honey and whipping cream, this fluffy dip can be utilized in various ways. Again, it is the perfect healthier option versus store bought since we are controlling and adding our own ingredients. Not to mention, this recipe is kid friendly!
INGREDIENTS IN WHIPPED YOGURT
As mentioned, Greek yogurt is the base of this recipe. With just a few added ingredients, make a batch on Sunday's meal prep and enjoy throughout the week!
- Greek Yogurt. Full fat Greek yogurt was used in this recipe. I prepare this mainly for my daughters after school snack and since she's a growing toddler, she needs all the healthy fats she can get!
- Honey. One of my favorite organic honey brands is here. Use honey or even organic maple syrup to sweeten this delicious treat.
- Vanilla Extract. This ingredient is helpful with providing the satisfying vanilla flavor we love in traditional yogurt. You can certainly substitue for additional flavors!
- SunButter. For extra protein, certainly add your favorite nut butter. In this recipe, I used SunButter and it was the perfect treat. We even topped the yogurt bowl with extra.
- Whipping Cream. This ingredient is optional but provides the extra "fluff" you will note in the recipe images.
And that is it! With just five ingredients and maybe ten minutes of "cooking time" you can have this tasty treat ready to devour throughout the week!
Yogurt- Use the yogurt that works best for your lifestyle. Greek yogurt is highly encouraged but any yogurt will work such as low-fat and non-dairy. Any of these should yield a light and fluffy consistency when whipped!
Sweetener- There are several ingredients that can aide in sweetening this treat. Honey is used in this recipe, but you can substitute for maple syrup, agave, or your favorite liquid sweetener.
Nut Butter- As mentioned, use a nut butter of your choice, sunflower butter was used in this recipe, but peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter will work great!
Extract Flavor- If you are looking for a traditional flavor, use vanilla extract that is used in this recipe. You can certainly substitute lemon, strawberry or any flavor that suits your taste!
Whipping Cream- As mentioned, this ingredient is optional but aids in a fluffy consistency for the whipped yogurt. If you need substitutes, try coconut milk or full fat milk. Here is a great article with substitutions for whipping cream.
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED YOGURT
This recipe is so simple to make as a matter of fact, you do not need a manual to prepare this. You will certainly need a stand or hand mixer, throw the ingredients together and whip away!
Here is a detailed breakdown of how to make whipped yogurt with Greek yogurt.
First, in a large bowl or stand mixer, pour in the recipe ingredients. Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract sunflower butter and whipping cream. Next, whip on medium speed (around 7-8) for up to two to three minutes or until the yogurt begins to form "stiff peaks".
It is important to realize, scraping the sides of the bowl during mixing will aide in ensuring the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
Lastly, after the yogurt has reached desired consistency, simply use a spatula to remove from the bowl and store in an airtight container.
RECIPE VIDEO: HOW TO WHIP GREEK YOGURT
DELICIOUS TOPPINGS TO PAIR WITH GREEK WHIPPED YOGURT
This whipped treat is perfect for various meals throughout the day. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Breakfast yogurt bowl. With the base of the whipped Greek yogurt, simply add toppings such as, drizzled honey, nut butter fresh fruit and granola. This is probably my favorite way to consume this treat.
Dipping Sauce. My daughter looks forward to her "snack box" every day after school. I simply fill one side of the snack box with whipped yogurt and finish with graham cracker sticks. That's it!
- Fresh Fruit. When I tested this recipe, my daughter and I used sliced apples, strawberries and bananas for dipping, and it was delicious!
- Yogourt Parfait. Who doesn't love a delicious yogurt parfait for breakfast or snacking? Simply layer the whipped yogurt and add in your favorite fresh fruit!
- Whipped Cream Substitute. I am confident in mentioning that this recipe is the perfect alternative to any recipe that includes whipped cream. It is important to mention that I haven't tried using this recipe as an alternative in a baking recipe so adjust as needed. But, in any non-baking recipe that requires whipped cream, I do not see why this tasty treat wouldn't work!
HOW TO STORE WHIPPED YOGURT
In the first place, this recipe is perfect for making ahead of time again, this is perfect for meal prepping to get through your busy week!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, this tasty treat will certainly last up to 5-7 days (if it lasts that long). 🙂
- Freeze. You can double this recipe and freeze a batch. Surprisingly, I'd suggest storing in a freezer safe container or filling ice cube trays with the whipped yogurt. To thaw, simply place in the refrigerator and allow the yogurt to reach its consistency again. It is important to note that I have not tested this step, be mindful that you may need to whisk/whip the yogurt again to bring it back to consistency.
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE!
Being a food blogger means I spend an ample amount of time in the kitchen. It's practically therapy for me so it's a labor of love of course. With that said, my daughter and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen together and this recipe was perfect for her to practically create by herself!
If you have little's and need a fun, safe activity to pass the time. I highly recommend using this whipped yogurt recipe as a chance to bond and build development. Again, my daughter was able to practically create this recipe with little supervision.
Not to mention, this recipe is pretty healthy, so it is a fun way to incorporate and introduce healthier alternatives to the store-bought version our littles become so accustomed to!
The Best Whipped Yogurt Recipe
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 Stand Mixer
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1.5 cups Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Butter
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, pour in the recipe ingredients: Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract sunflower butter and whipping cream.
- Whip on medium speed (around 7-8) for up to two to three minutes or until the yogurt begins to form "stiff peaks".
- Scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing will aide in ensuring the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- After the yogurt has reached desired consistency, simply use a spatula to remove from the bowl and store in an airtight container.