Kids love popsicles and with warmer weather upon us, it's the perfect treat! This homemade version cuts down on sugar and uses fresh fruits with mango, strawberries and fresh pineapple juice. Grab your kids and make this a fun project. These Easy Toddler Friendly Mango Strawberry Pops are a real treat with just a handful of ingredients!Jump to Recipe
POPSICLES ARE THE PERFECT KIDS TREAT!
If you're like me and have littles, keeping them happy and fed is not always an easy combo. I'm always thinking of fun ways to incorporate fruits and veggies into my daughters diet and making frozen treats have become a huge hit this summer!
Sure, it's easy to purchase store bought pops and I will purchase them at times. As many activities that I can provide at home, the better! These Toddler Mango Strawberry Popsicles are easy to make and your kids will have fun preparing them!
HERE ARE THE ITEMS YOU NEED
- Small plastic cups
- Popsicle sticks
- Small sauce pot
- Pouring glass
That's it, minimal items you probably have on hand at home and you're halfway to enjoying a refreshing fruity treat with your littles! The best part about this is the fruit additions are endless, grab your favorites and make it your own!
TIPS FOR THE BEST TODDLER MANGO STRAWBERRY POPSICLES
- Frozen mango works well with this recipe. The consistency is perfect for teething toddlers.
- Use any flavored juice or water to manage slush consistency.
- Prep ingredients in separate bowls and create stations for your little one to enjoy the project.
HOW TO MAKE EASY TODDLER MANGO STRAWBERRY POPS
First, roughly chop strawberries and place in small sauce spot on medium heat. You are creating a thick sauce by reducing the strawberries in a small amount of liquid. Next, add water and honey and stir until the strawberries begin to soften and release moisture.
Next, in a blender add mango, pineapple juice and lemonade powder (or fresh lemon juice).
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE STRAWBERRY MANGO POPSICLES
Using a small baking tray, line with the small plastic cup (this recipe makes about ten popsicles). Evenly pour the mango slush mixture into each cup. After the strawberry sauce has completely cooled, evenly distribute that into each cup. Place the tray in the freezer for a minimum of thirty minutes.
Next, after the allotted time has passed, place the popsicles gently into the cups. Allow two to four hours for freezing time and you are ready to enjoy your homemade fruity popsicles!
Try these adult friendly frozen treats listed below!
Toddler Mango Strawberry Popsicles
- Popsicle Sticks
- Small Plastic Cups
- 1.5 cups Mango
- 6 oz Pineapple Juice
- ½-1 cup Strawberries about 5 strawberries
- ½ teaspoon Lemonade Concentrate Powder fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Roughly chop strawberries and place in small sauce spot on medium heat.
- Add water and honey and stir until the strawberries begin to release their moisture.
- While the strawberries cook down, mash them with a fork or masher to help with creating a smoother consistent sauce.
- Allow time for the sauce to cool, set aside until assembly.
- In a blender add mango, pineapple juice and lemonade powder (or fresh lemon juice). Blend until smooth, the consistency should be like a slushy. Add more frozen fruit or liquid if the consistency is not smooth.
Homemade Fruity Popsicle Assembly
- Using a small baking tray, line with the small plastic cups (this recipe makes about ten popsicles). Evenly pour the mango slush mixture into each cup.
- After the strawberry sauce has completely cooled, evenly distribute that into each cup. This will create a pretty "swirl" of colors and you can place the tray in the freezer for at least thirty minutes to one hour.
- After the allotted time has passed, place the popsicles gently into the cups. The consistency should not be completely frozen but firm enough to allow the popsicle stick to stand firm.
- Allow two to four hours for freezing time and you are ready to enjoy your homemade fruity popsicles!