Amp up your pasta salad with this flavorful Tortellini and Prosciutto Pasta Salad. Cheese tortellini, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella in an herbed cream sauce makes for the ultimate side dish for your guests!
Taste the flavors of smokey-salty notes from the prosciutto, the crunch from fresh cherry tomatoes and snow peas, coated with a creamy, herb-lemon sauce. This can serve as a main dish as well for a light lunch or afternoon snack.Jump to Recipe
Some of my favorite flavors include salty, creamy and citrus. The stars of this dish are the cheese tortellini and the prosciutto. Here are few items I'd like to share for you to maximize flavor!
Tips for the best pasta salad:
- Boil pasta first and set aside to cool. Work with room temperature pasta and not hot pasta.
- Do not overcook pasta. My suggestion would be to slightly undercook for enjoyable texture.
- Make dressing next and set aside. The longer it marinates, the flavors truly become pronounced.
- If you're not serving this pasta salad immediately, keep dressing and pasta salad separate.
- Substitutes if you can't find prosciutto; pancetta, bacon bits, pepperoni or salami.
- If using frozen peas, allow them to thaw about 10-15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- For a leaner creamy sauce, omit the mayonnaise and substitute with greek yogurt!
Want to connect? If you'd like to get to know me from more of a behind-the-scenes feel, meet me over on Instagram. I love chatting and connecting! I have several sides and appetizer ideas that you can add to this spread as well, check these out if you're looking for more inspiration!
Let's get back to this tasty pasta salad. Here's how quickly it comes together, with little prep!
First, follow instructions on your tortellini package and fill a pot with water adding liberal salt and one teaspoon of oil.
Next, set your stove on medium to high heat until your water begins to boil.
Lastly, cook pasta until al dente and set aside until further use.
Next, prep additional ingredients! Slice cherry tomatoes in half and set aside. With the tip of your knife, slice prosciutto into long ribbons and roll slices like a small burrito to look like mini rose buds.
Now we will prepare quick creamy, lemon-herb dressing. In a small bowl, combine three tablespoons of mayonnaise or greek yogurt and add one tablespoon of dry ranch seasoning and one to two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Lastly, whisk pasta dressing until thoroughly combined and set aside until assembly.
Time to assemble!
In a medium sized bowl. Add cooked cheese tortellini, cherry tomatoes, half of the sliced prosciutto, mozzarella and snow peas.
Secondly, add the dressing and combine all ingredients until creamy and smooth adding salt and pepper to taste.
Lastly, top pasta salad with additional prosciutto "rose buds" and any leftover toppings. This is for garnish purposes so make it pretty!
Tortellini Prosciutto Pasta Salad
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 9 oz Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 3 oz Prosciutto thinly sliced
- 10 oz Fresh Mozzarella optional
- ¾ cup Cherry Tomatoes
- ¾ cup Snow Peas
- Salt + Pepper To Taste
Creamy Lemon-Herb Dressing
- 3-4 tablespoon Mayo Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dry Ranch Seasoning
- 1-2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
Creamy Lemon-Herb Dressing
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside until assembly.
Pasta Salad Instructions
- In a medium sized stock pot, add water and follow instructions according to package instructions.
- Prep cherry tomatoes by slicing in half.
- Prep prosciutto by slicing into long ribbons.
- Allow snow peas to thaw while prepping pasta salad.
Pasta Salad Assembly
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pasta salad ingredients leaving a few prosciutto "rose buds" leftover for topping (reserve a few cherry tomatoes and mozzarella as well).
- Add pasta salad dressing and stir gently until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top pasta prosciutto "rose buds" and additional toppings and serve immediately!