BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes is an easy crockpot weeknight meal. Filled with slow cooked bbq seasoned chicken breasts, on top of oven roasted sweet potatoes, this simple meal will quickly become a weekly household staple!Jump to Recipe
Looking for other easy weeknight meal ideas? Try these recipes too!
With a busy schedule, coupled with family and work obligations, time is always the biggest obstacle. With this in mind, cutting cooking time in half becomes priority but we don't want to skip out on flavor! For this reason, this recipe is the perfect antidote for your troubles. This is a simple and quick weeknight dish that will not disappoint, and as a result, has been a timeless fan fave on Instagram!
How To Prep Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken Breasts
First, the ingredients needed to prep and slow cook the chicken breasts. To emphasize, you'll want to set this early in the day or allot a few hours before serving dinner!
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ small Onion
- Worcestershire Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- BBQ Seasoning
- Sriracha (optional)
How To Slow Cook BBQ Chicken Breasts
First, combine bbq seasonings in a small bowl, stir and set aside.
Second, place chicken breasts in the crockpot, pierce chicken with a fork and season generously, pour in Worcestershire Sauce and top with chopped onion. Last, cover and cook on high for two to four hours or low for four to six hours.
Easy and Foolproof Way to Bake Sweet Potatoes
To begin with, clean sweet potatoes and pierce with fork. Then bake naked on a lined baking sheet for 45-50 minutes at 425 degrees until soft through the middle. In summary, this method is the tried and true way to bake a potato and will become your household cooking method, I'm sure of it!
To demonstrate, here's an image of the pierced sweet potatoes below!
How to Assemble Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
To explain, after chicken is cooked, shred the chicken and add bbq sauce and sriracha and stir. At the same time, the sweet potatoes should be cooked through. Next, slice down the middle of the potato and separate the flesh from skin. Then top generously with shredded chicken and both cheeses.
Next, place in oven on broil for about 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and golden on top. Finally, top with red onion, cilantro, green onions and additional bbq sauce. Trust me, you will truly enjoy!
Want to see how I made this recipe? Click here.
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Lemon + Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chili Flakes optional
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 2.5-3.5 lb Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1 tb Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ small Onion
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce + more for topping
- 1 tb Sriracha optional
- ¼ cup Red Onion
- 2 tb Cilantro
- 2 tb Green Onion
- ¼ cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup Gouda Cheese
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Combine bbq seasonings in a small bowl and stir.
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot, pierce with fork and season generously (about 1-2 TB’s) with bbq seasoning.
- Pour in Worcestershire Sauce and top with chopped onion.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-6.
- After chicken is cooked, shred, add bbq sauce and sriracha, stir.
Baked Sweet Potatoes
- After cleaning, pierce entire potato with a fork and bake naked 45-50 minutes at 425 degrees until soft through the middle.
- After sweet potatoes are cooked through, cut down the middle and separate flesh from skin.
- Top potatoes generously with shredded chicken and cheese, place in the oven on broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Top with red onion, cilantro, green onions, bbq sauce and sriracha.