This Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap is a to-go version of the classic salad, wrapped in a toasted tortilla. Fresh lettuce, crispy bacon, tender chunks of seasoned, grilled chicken, and a mouthwatering homemade Caesar salad dressing make this great for meal prep as a quick lunch.
If you love caesar salad then you're going to fall in love with this grilled chicken caesar salad wrap. This wrap is packed with salty, savory, flavors, and plenty of crunch thanks to ingredients like croutons and chopped bacon. Throw in moist grilled chicken breasts and a caesar salad made from scratch and this is the best grilled chicken caesar salad wrap.
Why You'll Love This Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap Recipe
- Convenient. Wraps are convenient to eat on the go. Whether you're at work, in the car, or out for a picnic, a grilled chicken Caesar salad wrap is a portable and mess-free option.
- Easy to Make. This recipe requires assembling premade ingredients. So if you have your chicken, salad dressing, and bacon ready to go, you can make this in just 10 minutes.
- Customizable. Customize your wrap to suit your dietary preferences. Switch up the wrap, salad dressing ingredients, and even the protein.
The main components of this recipe are the dressing and the grilled chicken.
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Mayo. A creamy base.
- Dijon Mustard. This adds a zesty quality.
- Worcestershire Sauce. For an umami taste.
- Anchovy Paste. This provides a deep, salty flavor.
- Lemon Juice. This brightens the overall taste
- Sugar. This helps to balance the savory flavors with a touch of sweetness.
- Pepper. This adds a sharp, pungent flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese. Add for a nutty, salty taste.
- Romaine Lettuce. These hearty leaves hold dressing well.
- Shaved Parmesan. This ingredient is essential for any Caesar salad.
- Cajun Seasoning. To flavor the chicken.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken. I use chicken breasts because it's lean and healthy.
- Cooking Oil. To sear the chicken.
- Butter. This will help to keep the chicken breasts moist.
- Croutons. This adds a nice, familiar crunch.
- Bacon. Because bacon makes everything taste better.
- Flour Tortillas. Use large flour tortillas for plenty of surface space.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
This is a straightforward process and certain elements can be made ahead of time to make assembly quick and easy.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place bacon slices on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through and slightly crispy.
Use a chef's knife to roughly chop bacon slices into bite-sized pieces. Set aside until later use.
Prepare Homemade Caesar Dressing
Combine all dressing ingredients In a small/medium-sized bowl, except sugar and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined and add sugar and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until later use.
Grill Chicken Breasts
In a large saute pan, add cooking oil, heating pan to medium heat. Coat chicken breasts in cajun seasoning making certain that chicken is coated thoroughly. Sear chicken on both sides until cooked through.
While the chicken breasts are cooking, use the butter to help baste the chicken. Allow the chicken breasts to rest for at least 10 minutes and then slice them into bite-sized pieces. Set aside until later use.
Assemble Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
Now that the bacon, Caesar dressing, and chicken breasts are prepared, we can prepare the grilled chicken Caesar wraps!
Add romaine lettuce, sliced parmesan, croutons, crumbled bacon, 2-3 tablespoon of dressing and 1 teaspoon of black pepper to a large bowl and mix using tongs or your hands.
Sear the flour tortillas on both sides in a large saute pan,(about 30 seconds each) until warmed through. Place the warmed tortillas on a flat surface, add half of the Caesar salad mix, and top with half of the cooked chicken breasts.
Wrap the tortillas tightly like a burrito and slice them in half. Repeat the additional steps to prepare the second wrap, and slice it in half again. Finally, enjoy!
- Wrap. You can use whole wheat tortillas instead.
- Salad Dressing. Shave a few minutes off the prep time with store-bought Caesar dressing.
- Lettuce. Don't have romaine lettuce? Use iceberg lettuce or kale as a substitute.
- Chicken. You can use leftover chicken. Rotisserie chicken or fried chicken would work too.
- Other Protein. This recipe also works for shrimp or steak.
- More Veggies. Add avocado or cherry tomatoes for extra nutrients.
How to Store Leftovers
Tightly wrap leftovers in parchment paper and aluminum foil and store them in the fridge. Consume within 2 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make a Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap in advance?
You can but I advise preparing the ingredients ahead of time and assembling the day you plan to eat it.
What is a chicken Caesar wrap made of?
A classic chicken Caesar wrap includes cooked chicken, caesar dressing, romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, and a tortilla. Consider adding extras like tomatoes and bacon for even more flavor.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS EASY GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR WRAP RECIPE!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- ¼ cup Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Anchovy Paste
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 2.5-3 cups Romaine Lettuce
- ¼ cup Shaved Parmesan
- Cajun Seasoning 1 tbsp
- ½ lb Boneless Skinless Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter unsalted
- ¼ Cup Croutons
- Bacon 2 slices
- 2 Large Flour Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place bacon slices on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until bacon is cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Using a chef's knife, roughly chop bacon slices into bite sized pieces.
- Set aside until later use.
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- In a small/medium sized bowl, combine all dressing ingredients except sugar and pepper.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined and add sugar and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until later use.
Grilled Chicken Breasts
- In a large saute pan, add cooking oil, heating pan to medium heat.
- Coat chicken breasts in cajun seasoning making certain that chicken is coated thoroughly.
- Sear chicken on both sides until cooked through.
- While the chicken breasts are cooking, use the butter to help baste the chicken. This will help to keep the chicken breasts moist!
- Allow the chicken breasts to rest at least ten minutes and slice into bite sized pieces. Set aside until later use.
- Now that the bacon, caesar dressing and chicken breasts are prepared, we can prepare the grilled chicken caesar wraps!
- In a large mixing bowl, place romaine lettuce, sliced parmesan, croutons, crumbled bacon, 2-3 tablespoon of dressing and 1 teaspoon of black pepper and mix using tongs or your hands.
- In a large saute pan, sear the flour tortilla on both sides (about 30 seconds each) until warmed through.
- Place the warmed tortillas on a flat surface, add half of the caesar salad mix and top with half of the cooked chicken breasts.
- Wrap the tortillas tightly like a burrito and slice in half.
- Repeat the additional steps to prepare the second wrap, slice in half again and enjoy!