You must try these Grilled Shrimp Caesar Wraps! A warm tortilla is stuffed with plump shrimp, romaine, crispy bacon, parmesan cheese and croutons. Tossed in a creamy-homemade Caesar dressing, this recipe is perfect for meal prep or a quick lunch.
If you love caesar salad or wraps, then you are going to fall in love with these shrimp wraps. This wrap is packed with salty, savory, flavors, and plenty of crunch thanks to ingredients like croutons and chopped bacon. Throw in plump cajun seasoned shrimp with a caesar salad made from scratch and this is the best grilled shrimp Caesar wrap.
- WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS GRILLED SHRIMP CAESAR WRAP
- HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP WRAPS
- ASSEMBLE SHRIMP WRAPS
- RECIPE VARIATIONS
- HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
- TIPS & TRICKS
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS A SHRIMP CAESAR WRAP MADE OF?
- I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS EASY GRILLED SHRIMP CAESAR WRAP!
- Grilled Shrimp Caesar Wrap
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS GRILLED SHRIMP CAESAR WRAP
- Pescatarian Friendly Meal. Looking for "seafood friendly" recipes? This recipe falls under that category by including juicy, plump shrimp.
- Convenient. Wraps are convenient to eat on the go. Prepare this recipe as you run out the door for work, errands or even a picnic! This shrimp wrap recipe is extremely portable and mess-free.
- Unique Recipe. This recipe is perfect when you are stumped with what to eat or cook. Traditionally, these wraps are served with grilled chicken, adding in the shrimp creates a different and tasty flare.
- Easy to Make. This recipe consists of less than five easy steps. So if you have your shrimp, cajun seasoning, salad dressing, and bacon ready to go, you can make this in just 10 minutes!
The main components of this recipe are preparing the Caesar dressing, sautéed shrimp and bacon. Here is what you will need!
HOMEMADE CAESAR DRESSING
- Mayo. A creamy base.
- Dijon Mustard. This adds a zesty quality.
- Worcestershire Sauce. For an umami taste.
- Anchovy Paste. This provides a deep, salty flavor.
- Lemon Juice. This brightens the overall taste
- Sugar. This helps to balance the savory flavors with a touch of sweetness.
- Pepper. This adds a sharp, pungent flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese. Add for a nutty, salty taste.
- Romaine Lettuce. These hearty leaves hold dressing well.
- Shaved Parmesan. This ingredient is essential for any Caesar salad.
- Cajun Seasoning. To flavor the shrimp.
- Frozen or fresh medium to large sized shrimp. I used frozen, medium sized shrimp, peeled, deveined with tail off.
- Cooking Oil. To sear the shrimp.
- Lemon. Whenever cooking with seafood or shrimp, adding fresh lemon juice always enhances the flavors.
- Croutons. This adds a nice, familiar crunch. I used store bought like these and processed them in a food process to break the texture down a bit. This step is certainly optional!
- Bacon. Because bacon makes everything taste better.
- Flour Tortillas. Use large flour tortillas for plenty of surface space.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP WRAPS
This recipe is quite seamless, with that said, start with preparing the bacon and Caesar dressing first.
First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place bacon slices on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through and slightly crispy.
Use a chef's knife to roughly chop bacon slices into bite-sized pieces. Set aside until later use.
PREPARE HOMEMADE CAESAR DRESSING
Combine all dressing ingredients In a small/medium-sized bowl, except sugar and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined and add sugar and pepper to taste.
Cover and refrigerate until later use.
In a large sauté or grill pan, add cooking oil, heating pan to medium heat. If using frozen shrimp, be sure to thaw. Pat shrimp dry and add to a bowl. Add cajun seasoning, stir, making certain the shrimp are coated thoroughly.
Sear or grille shrimp on both sides until cooked through. This method happens pretty quickly, the the shrimp will need to sear roughly about three minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook.
While the shrimp are cooking, squeeze fresh lemon juice on top. Once cooked through, set aside until later use.
ASSEMBLE SHRIMP WRAPS
Now that the bacon, Caesar dressing, and shrimp are prepared, prepare the grilled shrimp Caesar wraps!
First, add romaine lettuce, sliced parmesan, croutons, crumbled bacon, 2-3 tablespoon of dressing and 1 teaspoon of black pepper to a large bowl and mix using tongs or your hands.
Then, sear the flour tortillas on both sides in a large sauté pan,(about 15-30 seconds each) until warmed through. Place the warmed tortillas on a flat surface, add half of the Caesar salad mix, and top with half of the cooked shrimp.
Wrap the tortillas tightly like a burrito and slice them in half. Repeat the additional steps to prepare the second wrap, and slice it in half again. Finally, enjoy!
- Wrap. Use whole wheat or low carb tortillas instead.
- Salad Dressing. Shave a few minutes off the prep time with store-bought Caesar dressing.
- Lettuce. Don't have romaine lettuce? Use iceberg lettuce or kale as a substitute.
- Chicken. You can use leftover chicken. Rotisserie chicken or fried chicken would work too. Check out my grilled chicken caesar wrap recipe here!
- Other Protein. This recipe also works for scallops, salmon or steak. Double up on protein too!
- More Veggies. Add avocado or cherry tomatoes for extra nutrients.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Tightly wrap leftovers in parchment paper and aluminum foil and store them in the fridge. Consume within 2 days.
TIPS & TRICKS
- If preparing ahead of time or freezing, wrap tortilla in a paper towel (this helps to absorb any moisture that may occur) and then wrap with foil.
- To cut time in half, prepare caesar dressing and bacon ahead of time!
- Add more caesar dressing if you prefer a saucier wrap.
- Do not grill tortilla for a softer wrap.
- Make certain not to overcook the shrimp. Depending on the size, should only take between 3-4 minutes each side.
- Make sure to use a large flour tortilla to prevent spillage.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I MAKE SHRIMP WRAPS IN ADVANCE?
You can but I advise preparing the ingredients ahead of time and keeping the tortillas, salad mix, caesar dressing, croutons, bacon and shrimp separate. Assembling only when you are ready to consume.
If freezing, prepare wrap as written within instructions being sure to wrap tightly with a paper towel and aluminum foil.
WHAT IS A SHRIMP CAESAR WRAP MADE OF?
A classic Caesar wrap includes protein of choice, caesar dressing, romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, and a tortilla. As noted, this recipe is elevated, adding extras like bacon and plump grilled cajun shrimp for more flavor!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS EASY GRILLED SHRIMP CAESAR WRAP!
Grilled Shrimp Caesar Wrap
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- ¼ cup Mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Anchovy Paste
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- pinch Sugar white
- pinch Pepper
- 2.5-3 cups Romaine Lettuce
- ¼ cup Shaved Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ lb Shrimp medium to large sized
- 1 teaspoon Cooking Oil
- ¼ cup Croutons
- 2 Bacon Slices
- 2 large Flour Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place bacon slices on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until bacon is cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Using a chef's knife, roughly chop bacon slices into bite sized pieces.
- Set aside until later use.
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- In a small/medium sized bowl, combine all dressing ingredients except sugar and pepper.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined and add sugar and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until later use.
- In a large sauté or grill pan, add cooking oil, heating pan to medium heat. If using frozen shrimp, be sure to thaw.
- Pat shrimp dry and add to a bowl. Add cajun seasoning, stir, making certain the shrimp are coated thoroughly.
- Sear or grille shrimp on both sides until cooked through. This method happens pretty quickly, the the shrimp will need to sear roughly about three minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook.
- While the shrimp are cooking, squeeze fresh lemon juice on top. Once cooked through, set aside until later use.
- In a large mixing bowl, place romaine lettuce, sliced parmesan, croutons, crumbled bacon, 2-3 tablespoon of dressing and 1 teaspoon of black pepper and mix using tongs or your hands.
- In a large saute pan, sear the flour tortilla on both sides (about 30 seconds each) until warmed through.
- Place the warmed tortillas on a flat surface, add half of the ceasar salad mix and top with half of the grilled shrimp.
- Wrap the tortillas tightly like a burrito and slice in half.
- Repeat the additional steps to prepare the second wrap, slice in half again and enjoy!