Bacon, jalapeno deviled eggs are the perfect twist on the southern classic staple. With a quick jalapeno pimento cheese as the base, simply boil your eggs and serve this tasty appetizer with a kick!
BACON JALAPENO DEVILED EGGS
This recipe comes together quickly. As mentioned, a creamy and cheesy jalapeno pimento cheese spread is used as the base. Although this is not similar to traditional deviled eggs, this recipe has a delicious twist and I'm certain you will love it.
You can certainly prepare the jalapeno pimento cheese spread first as an app and add to your deviled eggs too. No to mention, the cheese spread can be served with crackers and veggies or sandwiches, filling the deviled eggs will give an extra way to share this tasty appetizer.
If you've never had traditional southern pimento cheese, don't fret just click the link here and check out how to prepare traditional. I promise you will not be disappointed. Now, let's dive a bit deeper into how to prepare the bacon jalapeno deviled eggs.
WHAT ARE DEVILED EGGS?
If you have never tried deviled eggs, you are in for a treat! This tasty appetizer is prepared with hard boiled eggs, traditionally sliced in half. Next, the yolk is cored and placed in a separate bowl. Then, a creamy paste is prepared to be filled in the hollowed egg white halves.
These tasty bites are served cold and as an appetizer. If you have ever visited the south and attended an informal or formal event, you will certainly see deviled eggs served.
First, the jalapeno deviled eggs will start with jalapeno pimento cheese spread. Let us dive into the recipe where you will add the creamy jalapeno pimento cheese as the base.
Here is what you will need.
JALAPENO PIMENTO CHEESE INGREDIENTS
- Cheddar Cheese. Sharp is best and if you want to stay true to old fashioned pimento cheese, only use cheddar. You will not hear this often but pre-shredded or grating your own works in this recipe!
- Mayonnaise. Get the good stuff. Between Blue Plate or Duke’s, you cannot go wrong.
- Cream Cheese. A lot of recipes do not require cream cheese. It is certainly optional; it is added to help maintain the texture and for a bit richer flavor.
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder. It is important to note, this ingredient is a must. This particular garlic powder really enhances the flavor of the pimento cheese. This is a secret ingredient so keep this between us!
- Worcestershire Sauce. Another “secret” ingredient. Do not omit this ingredient.
- Sugar. This helps to balance the flavors and will cut some of the saltiness from the additional ingredients.
- Jarred Pimentos. The star of the show. Find this item at any local grocery market next to the pickles and olives!
- Jalapeno– If you are here, you certainly love spice. Get fresh but I imagine canned could work, I have never tried it though.
- Bacon– I used store bought bacon bits. When testing with homemade cooked bacon, the bacon turned soggy. For this recipe, use store bought as the texture remains intact.
DEVILED EGGS INGREDIENTS + TOPPINGS
- Large Eggs
- Mayonnaise (extra if needed)
- Crumbled Bacon (bacon bits)
- Thinly Sliced Jalapeno
HOW TO PREPARE BACON JALAPENO DEVILED EGGS
First let us prepare the creamy jalapeno pimento cheese. Together with the boiled eggs and toppings, this recipe can truly come together in under thirty minutes.
JALAPENO PIMENTO CHEESE
First, it is important to realize that prepping the ingredients will make for a quick and under 10-minute recipe. Begin by shredding the cheddar cheese.
Then, finely chop the jalapeno and remove seeds for less heat. On the other hand, keep the seeds for more heat.
Next, measure the mayo, cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire Sauce, sugar and pimentos.
MIX THE JALAPENO PIMENTO CHEESE
Now, in a large bowl perfect for mixing, add the cheddar cheese. Finally, add in the additional ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
Using a spatula or even clean hands, mix the spicy pimento cheese spread until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Now that the ingredients are combined, simply pour into your serving dish or store for later use.
It is important to point out that the pimento cheese will develop in flavor over time so make-ahead for maximum flavor!
Set aside until further use.
HOW TO BOIL THE PERFECT EGGS FOR DEVILED EGGS
1. Gently place eggs in a shallow pot.
2. Fill with water covering eggs and once eggs begin to boil, turn off heat and cover for 15-20 minutes.
3. Peel eggs, slice in half and in a medium sized bowl, add egg yolks. Place halved egg whites on paper towels to dry.
HOW TO: JALEPENO PIMENTO CHEESE DEVILED EGGS
Now that the jalapeno pimento cheese is prepared, let us add a few additional ingredients.
- First, grab the prepared pimento cheese.
- In the same bowl, add the mayonnaise. It is important to note, this amount will vary based on desired creaminess of the filling.
- That is, it. You can certainly add more salt, pepper or garlic powder as needed or more jalapenos for additional spice.
HOW TO PLATE JALAPENO DEVILED EGGS
- Scoop the desired deviled egg mixture evenly into egg white cups.
- Garnish with extra bacon bits and a thinly sliced jalapeno.
Serving more appetizers? Prepare
How To Make Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs Ingredients
- 6 large Eggs
- 1.5 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise + more if needed
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese softened
- 2 oz Pimento
- 2 medium Jalapeno 1 thinly sliced in rounds, 1 small diced
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup Bacon Bits reserve some for topping
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Begin by shredding the cheddar cheese.
- Finely chop the jalapeno and remove seeds for less heat.
- Measure the mayo, cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire Sauce, sugar and pimentos.
- In a large bowl perfect for mixing, add the cheddar cheese. Finally, add in the additional ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spatula or even clean hands, mix the spicy pimento cheese spread until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Set aside until further use.
How to Boil Eggs + Deviled Egg Preparation
- Gently place eggs in a shallow pot.
- Fill the pot with water, covering eggs and once eggs begin to boil, turn off heat and cover for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel eggs, slice in half and in a medium sized bowl, add egg yolks. Place halved egg whites on paper towels to dry.
How to Plate Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Grab the prepared pimento cheese.
- In the same bowl, add the reserved egg yolks.
- Begin mixing the jalapeno pimento cheese with the egg's yolks ensuring the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add more mayo if creamier texture is desired. (add one tablespoon at a time)
- Add more salt, pepper or garlic powder as needed or more jalapenos for additional spice.
- Once desired texture and taste is reached, begin filling the egg white halves with ½ tablespoon of the mixture.
- Repeat steps until all egg white halves are full.
- Lastly, garnish each deviled egg with crumbled bacon and sliced jalapeno.
- Serve and enjoy!